Saturday, October 6, 2018

A girlfriend & a President & a month

President Donald Trump shakes hands with supporters after arriving on Air Force One at Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport Thursday afternoon for an evening rally and fundraiser in Rochester, Minnesota. I went to the evening event and, although I happened to be at the airport waving goodbye to another individual when Trump arrived there, I did not take this photograph (too lazy to carry a camera) and I have no plans to relate anything about his "message to Minnesotans" (too lazy to carry a pen and a notepad, much less a laptop computer). By the way, give Evan Vucci credit for the AP photo.
 
There is only one piece of music this time around. It is the Finnish symphonic metal band Nightwish performing one of my favorites, "Ghost Love Score," at the Wacken Open Air concert. The piece was composed by the band's keyboardist, Tuomas Holopainen, and is sung here by Floor Jansen. You might recall I attended a Nightwish concert here in Saint Paul last March. I had been whining and crying before the concert because Tarja Turunen no longer was the vocalist. Somewhat to my surprise, I enjoyed Jansen's singing so much I have been listening to her regularly since then. Like Turunen, Jansen is a soprano and her music comes in a variety of flavors -- from hard rock to operatic. I do not think Jansen's voice has the quality of Turunen's, but it actually is sort of wonderful and she certainly has stage presence. Standing six feet tall even without her spike heels, I can envision her with sword in hand leading a charge of Viking shield-maidens a thousand years ago.
 
The girlfriend ....
 
One of my progeny just spent a week and a day in the neighborhood celebrating his birthday. He brought his new girlfriend with him .... sort of to introduce her, sort of to show her off. Her initials are L.A. and the young lady is from L.A. He met her at a party there. Her name is Lauren Alice Avery. Like Jansen, she is a six-footer and she sings. Look her up on the internet.

Ms. Avery is a fascinating young lady who has had (and still does have) a very interesting life. At the moment, he and she seem to be enchanted with each other .... time will tell if and how well their relationship works out. It was Ms. Avery's departure from the airport that took me there coincidentally when President Donald Trump was arriving. L.A. was flying back to L.A.
 
The President ....
 
Your friend, not mine, but I do respect the office and generally agree with this guy's policies, was in Minnesota Thursday afternoon and evening to campaign for a few local office seekers and to raise a few bucks. The "friend" in question was Donald John Trump, the 45th and current President of the United States.

Although he spoke in Rochester, Minnesota, about an eighty (80) mile drive for me each way, I decided I would brave both his remorseless tongue and the unrelenting traffic to see him and to hear him. I actually have been present to see a couple of other presidents make their pitch and been able to shake the hand of two of them. As for Mr. Trump, put it this way: I left the rally before el presidente finished talking.
 
The month of October ....
 
Between hunting and football and the beauty of Nature as summer turns to autumn, October was my favorite month of the year when I was a teenager and a young man. At what point it began to slip away from that status, I am not certain, but eventually the harshness of the winter weather which follows autumn washed October forever away from being my favorite.

Giving up hunting and getting too old to play football certainly were factors in the equation, as well. I still love October, especially for the beauty of Nature as its days come and go, but, for me, FramWinter begins on November 1 -- which is all too soon.




8 comments:

Anita said...

Hello and goodmorning!Iam in a hurry to get the shops before they close(Everything close at 18.00 here in Norway in the weekends)
That song.Yes i have listen to it.I had a hope that Flor could bring Nightwish up up again..but sadly I can not find her voice strong enough..she dont have the tension or the feeling in her voice at my point of view..In that way i have listened to Tarjas latest music and sorry she has lost much of her voice as well..I quess time is changing and what she did once,,-never will come back
Iam a great fan of Nightwish..but now i more and more have come to listen to the male singers in the band

Ok i shall google the name Lauren Alice Avery and see what comes up!

Have a good saturday!Mine is spent at nightwork

Aniat

Fram Actual said...

Somewhere around the time of the Nightwish concert here, I wrote in a post or in a comment that Nightwish was Tarja Turunen and that Tarja was Nightwish. I think that statement was true then and continues to be true today. The band that once was will never ever be the same band again today or tomorrow. Time passes, people come and go .... it is sad in a way, but nothing or no one can change it ....

Whatever, Anita .... I think if I just dropped in on the world today, never knowing of Nightwish with Tarja, I still would enjoy listening to and watching the band. I like its music and I like the current lineup ....

There are a few stores open 24/7/52 in the United States, so shopping generally is not a problem. More than once, I have done a bit of shopping in the middle of the night -- usually for last minute gifts.

Thank you, Anita, for coming here and for writing a comment. You always brighten my day and I very much appreciate your presence .... you are a special young lady ....

Anita said...

Lauren Alice Avery.What a fascinating girl!and she is your neighbours girlfriend??Wow!what kind if suburb do you live in??

She looks like one of our norwegian models..But as i think today they look just the same all over the world..Seen one seen it all if you understand me..But nothing is wrong with that..it just how the trends are now..

So you went to see your president?How was he??
As same as we see on the tele??
Winther is coming Fram..no doubt about it..Already very cold here..We expect a long hard winther

Yesterday Alexander turned 19 years.We had a cake and a pizza from the delivery.He is now working beside his studies as a teacher for kids between 1 and tenht class.Very nice he seems to like it alot

It is good when you see your children do well(But if he didnt attend work or school I would love him just the same).Hope all is good with your daughters and sons

Well see you later..Only one more night to work then time to relax..Sorry long note!

Anita

Fram Actual said...

Happy Birthday, Alexander. It seems my birthday wish is a bit late, but I hope you will accept it anyway: May your life be long and prosperous, Alexander, and may you find actual happiness and tranquility.

When I was eighteen, I signed on with the Marine Corps. I turned nineteen two months later and a few months after that I was in boot camp. A long time ago, but I remember those days clearly.

I am glad Alexander is taking steps to gain a profession and I am glad he likes teaching. I have been a teacher, too, and I enjoyed it while I did it.

In regard to Lauren, she likes anonymity when and where she can find it, which is why I was hesitant to even mention her name. She comes from a very wealthy family and has worked as a model. Progeny = descendant and L.A. = Los Angeles. My progeny do get around.

Donald John Trump does get around, too, but the last thing he wants is anonymity. It seems like he is appearing for political rallies in three or four states every week, which is good in a way. My opinion is that many in the Democratic Party have sunk to previously unknown lows in terms of "desperation to win" politics. So, I favor the conservatism of the Republican Party .... for now, anyway.

The only element of winter missing around here is snow. Cloudy, rainy, cold -- but not frigid, is the best way to describe the days from my point of view. I have seen snow the first day of September and a blizzard in mid-October, so I am certain the full forces of winter are lurking nearby.

As always, thank you, Anita, for returning and for your comment. Work hard at your job, but not too hard -- we need you to stay happy and sweet and I need you to never be farther than a keyboard away .... later ....

A Cuban In London said...

Well, you probably know how I feel about your president (not mine. I've got enough with having a "dancing queen" for a Prime Minister).

Autumn. There's a season. And spring. There's another one. Death and rebirth. You can keep winter and summer. :-)

Greetings from London.

Fram Actual said...

I agree with you about the seasons, CiL, although I do favor summer over winter largely because I am a sun worshipper and my interest in any outdoor winter activities has been gradually diminishing bit by bit over the years.

At the risk of appearing rude, I will note that I have seen Theresa May "trip the light fantastic" twice on television and chuckle whenever I think of it. My only hope is that I never see Donald Trump give it a try.

Thank you, CiL, for visiting me here and for your comment. I enjoy your company very much ....

Liplatus said...

Jansen's performance is skillful, but I like Tarja's voice more.
The exciting atmosphere is at the concert. Good video.

I was curious and looked at pictures and information about Lauren Alice Avery.
Congratulations to them!

October is still colorful, but November is darker.
It's time to start a candle in light, creating a comfortable atmosphere.
Christmas is waiting.

Greeting

Fram Actual said...

The power of music -- whether to stir emotions or to soothe them -- is amazing. I cannot think of any external force with greater or even equal power. I can only assume it began in the dim, primitive past when a pre-human primate began hitting two sticks together and his companion joined in with two rocks, and has been evolving for countless generations since that time.

Yes, Liplatus, Floor Jansen is a powerful singer and has qualities which draw an audience to her, but, like you, I prefer the voice of Tarja Turunen. I think when I wrote in the post that I did "not think Jansen's voice has the quality of Turunen's," it simply was another way of saying I like Tarja's voice better.

Being curious is a good thing, I believe. It will be interesting to see if "he and she" do stay together. I think they go well together, and both need someone in their lives to make their lives complete.

I agree with you about October and November, too. I dislike most January and February because of their intense cold, but almost as much I dislike November because it is when winter actually begins here in a practical sense and when darkness seems to be overpowering the Earth.

Thank you, for coming and for writing here, Liplatus. I enjoy reading what you write. Your words are very thoughtful, very meaningful, very poetic ....

Something special ....