Wednesday, November 6, 2019

For whom the bell chimes

For better or for worse, this snowy scene is what the bell tower on the campus of Minnesota State University in Mankato looked like in the pre-dawn hours of today -- November 6, 2019. As much as I would like to take credit for this photograph, it is not mine and was sent to me by a friend who awakens mornings much/much/much earlier than I do. There was measurable snow "up north" long before today and a trace amount twice "down here," but this is the first measurable snowfall this season in my neck of the woods.
 
Just to warm you up a bit, also here is an old/old/old song entitled, "Everlasting Love," performed by a Brit group named Love Affair. The singer is Steve Ellis, who was 17 at the time of recording, and the band itself fits my definition of "teeny bopper." I like the song and it certainly is made for dancing -- shove the furniture aside and try it ....
 

2 comments:

Anita said...

Hi there!

What a amusing post!I had to laught about the first photo..-so -fram winther has come?
It is good to se it is not only here innorway the winther has arrived and will be here for many months.

I quess you keep it warm with a cosy fire indoors??!
How is your dog doing?He loves the snow I bet.
i am sorry coming so late here.-----------i was called in to duty..but now I am here and glad you posted this(I am always glad to see life signs from you)
Thanks for the music too..-it was funny to see how they did the dancing that times..and good wake up sound..-i had a good time with my morning coffe barista here

Keep it going and have a sunny weekend with much love and fun

Greetings from the norht

Kyss og klemmer masse!

Fram Actual said...

From what I have seen, Anita, there were many styles of dancing during the rock 'n' roll era, some sort of ad lib and others with definite steps and body moves, such as the "nitty gritty." I discovered a guy named Bobby Banas who goes off into his own world when the music starts. There are a few videos of him on YouTube, if you are curious. He gets into the music body and soul.

https://youtu.be/t63kQ0G2HcU

I am not much of a dancer, but I like watching it and think many dancers are among the greatest athletes in the world. Check out Band Odessa on YouTube.

Signs of life .... there are an occasional few here. It might be more interesting to look for "sins of life" .... of which I doubt you will see any these days, although there have been many in times past.

Yes, winter is here. There have been heavy snowfalls to the north of me and to the south of me, but nothing significant for me so far. "Real winter" in terms of bitter cold and heavy snow did not actually begin for me until last February and continued on into early May. I hope that pattern will not be repeated this year.

I am glad you found your way here, Anita. Thank you .... take care and be good .... klemmer og kyss masse!

Something special ....