Sunday, February 24, 2013

The story of a gun or .... there always is music

The pistol is a Fabrique Nationale/Browning Model 1922. It, and the holster, were manufactured in Germany in 1943, give or take a year. They have a story, if only they will tell it.

Let us see if the tale evolves

First in a series -- maybe

This is the first step to discover what stars might be aligned .... well, sort of .... and, as you might suspect, the pistol and the holster shown in the photograph play a role in this would-be story.

I am curious if anyone from the vicinity of Bad Muskau-Berg, District Gorlitz, Saxony, Germany: PLZ 02953, might happen to wander by my blog and to see this post. If someone does who also happens to be able to put the photo in context with local history and memorial landmarks, then, perhaps, that individual will realize what I am doing, what I am trying to uncover

Or, maybe, someone from Wrocław in Poland, known as Breslau to some, will put in an appearance here. Maybe, someone from there with a knowledge of and an interest in history will pass by my blog and read this post.

And, of course, there is the obvious. There is the name in the holster. Perhaps, someone will know the who, what, where, when, why and how of it. Perhaps.

If someone does -- and takes the time to write a comment or to contact me via email -- this first step might lead to more. If no one does, then I will look for another branch in the road.

So, then. Enough for the moment. Let us see if the steps continue, if the story evolves. Or not.
 
Either way, there always is music:
 
I've got no sense of purpose
I sit alone, I sit alone
Got no sense of belonging
Getting nowhere, can't go home
 

No comments:

Something special ....