Saturday, February 13, 2016

Drifting on the river of time or .... 7 & 13


"Still finds a way to haunt me"

A last song for now .... a bit of "Bach-Rock" from the 1960s .... "Walk Away Renee," one of the most beautiful melodies ever composed and created (would you believe ??) by a sixteen-year-old boy. Keeping details to a minimum (unusual for me), the first version is the original by The Left Banke. The composer, Michael Brown (aka Michael Lookofsky), is on the keyboards in the video. The other version is sort of unique (i.e., sort of weird) and I really, really like it. This rendition is by Cyndi Lauper, whose music, to me, is fabulous and who, when young, looked a lot like my first actual love .... and Peter Kingsbery, who looks a lot like an older version of a baseball pitcher who I rarely hit back in high school and who, consequently, drove me crazy. Strange brew, as someone used to say. I hope you love the song as much as I do. Almost time to run away for a while, but first ....

Three more thoughts: There have been queries about the photograph in my February 7 post, so I will elaborate a bit. It is one I took of a painting in the Royal Castle in Warsaw. I do not recall the name of the artist or the title of the painting, but, maybe, I will mention them next autumn after I have been in the presence of the painting once again. Hint, hint .... seems like a location where a search once sort of stalled out would be a good place to later resume it ....

And, yes, it is relevant that I am very, very superstitious ....

 And, most importantly, although two weeks early: 
 Happy Birthday, Grandpa ....




No comments:

Something special ....