Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Class acts are few & far between





I never have posted these songs before. (He wrote, mocking himself.) I had a difficult time deciding whose version of "Windmills of Your Mind" I wanted to post. Actually, I think I like Dusty Springfield's rendition the best (http://youtu.be/qKV9bK-CBXo), but this video with Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway struck my fancy, and Neil Diamond does a nice job with the song. (Please, do not get so caught up in watching Steve and Faye that you do not listen to the lyrics .... ok?) As for old Bobby Dylan, he wrote "Forever Young," so it shall be his video shown here today. I have seen Dylan in concert more times than I have any other major musical artist, including twice in closed, barroom performances. He is unique, to say the least, and will be "back home" in November .... maybe, then, again ....

Here are some more words that are mine:

Thanks to a young lady I once knew ("baby, let me follow you down" .... to quote Dylan), I have developed sort of a habit (not a phobia, mind you) of doing some things not once, but twice .... even thrice or four times or .... well, you get my drift .... when circumstances permit and it is appropriate. Hence, we have two posts in a row which begin with a pair of songs, include no illustration/photograph and continue until their ending with a few sentences of words forming random thoughts which have been hovering near me. (No, I am not hearing voices.)

I believe I am not only walking in a circle, but thinking and talking and dreaming in a circle. (Ring any bells?)

I come from nowhere and am going nowhere. I look for a perfect life, a perfect woman, a perfect pistol, a perfect car, a perfect .... well, I will stop before I reach that point. I do not mean perfect in terms of perfection, because there is no such thing. Remember the cliché: One man's concept of perfection is another man's vision of the ordinary -- or variations to that effect. No, I merely mean perfect for me. (That might be a phobia .... hmmmm ....)

I think I have lived at least four lives during this lifetime/incarnation, and I want one or two or three or more before, in cowboy parlance, I cash in my chips. (Any bets .... any challenges .... any dares?)

P.S. I think I will be back home before very much longer; sorry, if I do not post as many photographs as some would like, but photography is work and I am lazy .... and, I am more interested in speech than in image; sorry, if I do not always allow for comments as some would prefer, but if more people would write comments more often, I might allow for leaving them more often .... anyway, this time I will leave this post open for remarks ....

No words that are not mine will appear this time around: (He wrote, with a laugh on his lips.)

1 comment:

Fram Actual said...

Well, I tried for comments this time, but no takers after twenty-four hours and my interest wanes after a day. My thoughts wander off to other times and places and things and people, so I will be arbitrary and capricious once more and apply my occasional twenty-four rule to shut off comments and to move along beyond this post. Be back in a week or so .... I think ....

Something special ....