Monday, April 16, 2018

Going searching for the sun

When my daughter passed through Minneapolis/Saint Paul International Airport a few days ago on her way to New York City and we met for a brief reunion, she asked me if there was anything I would like her to bring me. Rather nonchalantly, I said, "Anything with the name Rolex on it would be nice." Equally nonchalantly, I assume since she and I have more than a bit of an attitude, she emailed me this photograph along with a few others. Notice the name on the building .... get it? She gave me "something" with the name Rolex on it. She also included two or three photographs of what appeared to be a vacant apartment in which she is staying during her time in New York City. In reality, it is vacant, but it is not an apartment .... it is an office space overlooking Times Square which rents out at $30,400 a month. As I mentioned previously, she likes to hang with rich liberals.

Happy Birthday, Ole .... wherever you are ....

Where I live ....

Here is a description of where I live which I recently wrote in a reply to a comment .... I put it here so a few others might also read it:

The house is nice and warm and in a quiet/peaceful/relaxing neighborhood. People of all age groups, all religions, all political beliefs, all races reside here in sort of a state of harmony. It is a model for the way the world should be .... and could be .... if it were not for the power mongers and innately evil among us.

Weather report ....

This blizzard left behind sixteen inches of newly-fallen snow here. The western side of the state received as much as twenty-three inches in some places. Two more inches are expected to fall yet during the night, and another two are predicted for Wednesday and an unspecified amount again on Saturday.

I have plans for the summer which include being in and on the water a great deal, and I would prefer not having to cut through ice to reach it. I always am eager and impatient for summer to arrive, but, it seems, that I am a bit more than usual this year. There are a number of reasons for this frustration, but nothing a few hours lying on an isolated beach beneath a brilliant sun will not cure.

Concert for April ....

Bon Jovi will be at the Xcel Energy Center in Saint Paul on Saturday, April 28. Ticket prices range from $441 to $1667. Richie Sambora is no longer with the band, but the rest of the crew will be there -- as will I. Will you be?

Later, baby ....

I think the time has arrived for me to disappear for a few weeks. I will label it a sabbatical. By definition a sabbatical is "a period of time during which someone does not work at his or her regular job and is able to rest, to travel, do research or whatever ...." I think I will do a bit of each and, possibly, more. In any case, I will be absent ­­-- totally/completely/absolutely -- from the sea of blogs for a few weeks and will return in time for Memorial Day. Until then -- be well and stay safe ....



No comments:

Something special ....