Thursday, June 9, 2016

Do you have plans for this evening?


A one-act play: Did I mention ??

Last Saturday, my son saw Boston in concert. Last Sunday, one of my daughters saw Bob Dylan in concert. My progeny know what they are doing and how to enjoy life. So do I ....

A year or two ago (time flies), I wrote in a post that it would be fantastic to be wandering through Italy near Lajatico in Tuscany and to arrive at the Teatro del Silenzio on the one evening each year in July when Andrea Bocelli performs there.

Well, it did not happen.

But, as fate and good fortune would decree (Freyja favors me), while I did not travel to Italy at that point in time, at this point in time Bocelli will be performing this evening fewer than twenty miles / thirty minutes away from me in downtown Minneapolis.

Want to come?

You cannot? You already have a date?
 
All right, but never say I did not ask you.

It will be ok .... I probably will be able to concentrate more on the music that way .... without you there with me, I mean ....

Well, maybe we can meet in Warsaw in a couple of weeks for his concert there .... or at the Teatro del Silenzio this July ....

The only thing better than seeing Bocelli sing would be seeing him sing twice ....

No comments:

Something special ....